Mental Health and Disability Services of the East Central Region
The MHDS Office provides access to Mental Health and Developmental Disability services for residents of East Central Region consisting of the following counties: Benton, Bremer, Buchanan, Delaware, Dubuque, Iowa, Johnson, Jones and Linn. Staff in the office can assist with locating services and accessing funding sources. For more information on the East Central Region please go to the following page ecriowa.org
ALL residents are eligible for information and referral services through the East Central Region.
To be eligible for additional funding through the East Central Region individuals must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Have a diagnosis of mental illness, intellectual disability, developmental disability, or brain injury
- Meet specific income and asset guidelines
- Live in one of the counties listed above
- Have an assessment determining that the services are needed
Services funded include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Outpatient mental health services (therapist, psychiatrist, community support programs, medication management, emergency services)
- Residential services (residential care facilities, group homes, individual homes/apartments)
- Respite Care
- Commitment Cost (Attorney, Sheriff's fee, hospitalization)
- Case Management/Social Work
- Adult Day Care/Day Habilitation
- Employment Services
- Crisis Services
- Application may be obtained on this web site (Application) or at the Community Services Office located at: 210 5th Ave NE, Independence, IA 50644 (319) 334-7450).
- Applications must be returned to the Community Services Office at: 210 5th Ave NE, Independence, IA 50644.
- Individuals will be sent a notice of decision approving funding, denying funding, or requesting additional information.
If you or a loved one are facing a mental health concern, you're not alone. That is why the Iowa Department of Public Health has created YourLifeIowa.org so Iowans can chat live, text or call to get reliable information and treatment options, and find nearby help.
We are your everyday life support.
Mental Health-Your Life Iowa Statewide Crisis Line (855) 581-8111
The East Central Region now uses Your Life Iowa as the statewide crisis line, making free crisis calls and text available to anyone in Iowa.
Effective July 1st the Iowa Help Line phone number will roll over to Your Life Iowa. The service remains the same, but with a different number.
Your Life Iowa provides free information and referral, counseling, crisis service coordination, and linkages to crisis screening and mental health services 24 hours a day.
CALL (855) 581-8111 OR TEXT (855) 895-8398
For any questions please contact: Julie Davison or Juli Cameron at: (319) 334-7450.