The most recent CHNA-HIP can be found here:
- Buchanan County CHNA Snapshot 2015 (pdf)
- Buchanan County Community Health Needs Assessment 2015 (pdf)
- Buchanan County Health Improvement Plan 2015 (pdf)
State of Iowa Health Improvement Plans, Counties in Iowa CHNA & HIP Snapshots and Progress Reports
Collaboration with community partners is important to the health of our county. Staff collaborate with others through participating in programming, advisory boards and facilitating opportunities to assure a liaison for health is involved in the decision-making process.
Public Health Emergency Planning & Preparedness
Planning for a public health emergency or disaster in our county with community partners is an important step in preparedness. Part of being prepared includes Long Term Recovery after an event. We are part of the Buchanan County Disaster Recovery Coalition that activates after a natural event that leaves unmet needs for the members of our county. This Coalition was first activated in 1999 and reactivates each time it is needed. After a natural disaster return to this site to obtain more information or call Buchanan County Community Services at 319-334-7450 for assistance.
The Department provides childhood (2 months – 18 years of age) immunizations to those who have no insurance or are underinsured.
- If you feel your child is underinsured, please call our office for more information: 319-332-0860.
- Children whose health insurance covers the cost of vaccinations are not eligible to receive vaccine from our department, even when the plan’s deductible has not been met or a co-payment is required.
- Children with Hawk-I and Medicaid insurance can be immunized at a physician office.